October 30, 2011

It’s Halloween!

Halloween is a yearly celebration which is called Satan’s holiday but it’s not true. People celebrate Halloween to remind them the people they loved which are dead. I’ve read some articles about Halloween but unfortunately; there are many different ideas because no one really knows what Halloween is supposed to be, and how it came up. You maybe have different idea about Halloween but I won’t be arguing with you because that’s what you think it is and it’s all up to you.


Even if Halloween is a holiday which seems to be spooky, what’s great during this holiday is - having lots of great activities. One of these activities is costume party which I think the most popular activity during Halloween. It is an activity wherein people wear costumes and went to a Halloween costume party. If I am going to attend in this kind of costume party, I would probably wear a princess dress because I think that this would be the strangest costume during Halloween. Like most countries, during this event children wear some Halloween costumes and travels from house to house to ask for candies. Carving pumpkins for Halloween lanterns is also a great idea during Halloween. During this holiday, some group of people likes to visit haunted house or haunted areas. And if you’re planning to invite me, just expect me to answer “no” because It’s not a good idea for me. In this holiday, it is also a great idea to tell some scary stories. I can still remember one night during the last week of October few years ago, my family and some of our family friends were sharing scary stories outside our house and suddenly a dog staring at a tree few meters away from us howls strangely. My cousins shout and ran away which makes our neighbors looked at us. And the last activity which I think is great during Halloween is watching horror films. It is great to watch horror films but for me I think it is not because I can’t sleep well at night, I’d rather watch action films eating popcorn.

                How about you? What are your plans this Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment